Code of Conduct
VietChallenge is committed to establishing a professional and collaborative working environment, in which all members treat each other with respect and dignity, and everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and to take on responsibility at all levels of work within the organization. Therefore, it is essential to have a Code of Conduct that sets out the standards of behavior by which all of VietChallenge’s members are bound, establishing principles that aim at highest standard of professionalism and integrity. This will ultimately benefit each and every member of VietChallenge with both their personal and professional growth.
As an employee or volunteer of VietChallenge you may have access to confidential and/or personal information concerning individuals/organizations with whom you interact through your work. Improper disclosure of confidential information constitutes a violation of trust and is strictly forbidden of VietChallenge employees and volunteers. This also ensures that participants feel safe in sharing very personal issues.
Employees and volunteers of VietChallenge should use their best judgment in posting material that is neither inappropriate nor harmful to VietChallenge, its employees, volunteers and associates. Although not an exclusive list, some specific examples of prohibited social media conduct include posting commentary, content, or images that are defamatory, pornographic, proprietary, harassing, libelous, or that can create a hostile work environment.
VietChallenge will not tolerate sexual harassment of any employee, volunteer or individual by a supervisor, fellow employee, volunteer, or by any third-party individuals in connection with VietChallenge’s works and events. Prohibited acts include sexually abusive jokes, sexually graphic literature, horseplay with sexual overtones, sexual advances, or other acts that could be construed as sexual harassment. Any harassment should immediately be reported to Ms. Mai Phan Zymaris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any intellectual property generated in the course of your works with VietChallenge or using the organization’s assets belongs to VietChallenge. Employees and volunteers should use its best judgment in using and protecting VietChallenge’s trademarks and other intellectual property in any publication or external correspondence. Any doubt about the use of VietChallenge’s trademarks and other intellectual property should be directed to Mrs. Mai Phan Zymaris at email@example.com, or Mr. Khanh Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited:
· Abusive language, discourtesy, rudeness, or abhorrent behavior in the presence of a manager, volunteer, another participant, or anyone affiliated with VietChallenge
· Possession or use of illegal drugs or the excess use of alcoholic beverages during any activities affiliated with VietChallenge, including social events/casual hangouts of VietChallenge members following an official VietChallenge event or meeting
· Sexual, verbal, physical, visual, written (including e-mail) or other forms of harassment of a manager, volunteer, another participant, or anyone affiliated with VietChallenge
· Discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law
· Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group or conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well being of others
· Failure to cooperate with a VietChallenge team leader or supervisor leader during the performance of official VietChallenge business or activities or in the course of performing other tasks related to those activities.
Failure to follow any of VietChallenge policy or procedure